Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sick with a cold

Right now I'm sick with a cold. I guess getting sick is one of the hazards of the job. Anyway, this gives me an excuse to post up this cute little poem:

Sick by Shel Silverstein.

“I cannot go to school today,”
Said little Peggy Ann McKay.
“I have the
measles and the mumps,
A gas, a rash and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my
throat is dry,
I’m going blind in my right eye…
“I cannot go to school
today,”
Said little Peggy Ann McKay.
“I have the measles and the
mumps,
A gas, a rash and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my throat is
dry,
I’m going blind in my right eye.
My tonsils are as big as
rocks,
I’ve counted sixteen chicken pox
And there’s one more–that’s
seventeen,
And don’t you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut, my eyes
are blue–
It might be instamatic flu.
I cough and sneeze and gasp and
choke,
I’m sure that my left leg is broke–
My hip hurts when I move my
chin,
My belly button’s caving in,
My back is wrenched, my ankle’s
sprained,
My ‘pendix pains each time it rains.
My nose is cold, my toes
are numb,
I have a sliver in my thumb.
My neck is stiff, my spine is
Weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my
mouth,
I think my hair is failing out.
My elbow’s bent, my spine ain’t
straight,
My temperature is one-o-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot
hear,
There is a hole inside my ear.
I have a hangnail, and my heart
is–what?
What’s that?
What’s that you say?
You say today is …
Saturday?
G’bye, I’m going out to play!”


I wish I was only faking it!

1 comment:

Chuck Peters said...

I hope your feeling better. I've been suffering through a cold the entire Christmas season so I know how you feel.